genesis block [English]
- BT: block
No definition in earlier IP projects. ITrust definition not yet developed.
- Bitcoin Developer Glossary 2017 (†791 s.v. "Genesis Block, Block 0"): The first block in the Bitcoin block chain.
- Bitcoin Group  (†846 s.v. "Genesis block"): The very first block in the block chain.
- Blockchain Technologies 2016 (†789 s.v. "Genesis Block"): The very first block in a block chain.
- BlockchainHub Glossary (†807 s.v. "Genesis block"): The very first block in the block chain.
- ISO TC307 N67 (United Kingdom). 2017. (†841 p.1): first block in a blockchain which can also serve as configuration to initialize the blockchain.
- Pfeffer  (†844 s.v. "GenesisBlock"): A Genesis Block is the unmined, deliberately created, very first Block in a Blockchain. It has no predecessors, i.e. no parent Block.
- Blockchain Technologies 2016 (†789 s.v. "Block Height"): Block height refers to the number of blocks connected together in the block chain. For example, Height 0, would be the very first block, which is also called the Genesis Block. (†2279)
- Lemieux and Sporny 2017 (†847 ): A configuration event specifies which software algorithms should be applied when processing a particular web ledger. The first entry in a ledger is typically an entry called a genesis event (aka seed event) and typically contains the configuration event. . . . ¶ The configuration event provides the rules that will be used to determine the integrity of the blockchain. (†2353)