No definition in earlier IP projects. ITrust definition not yet developed.
- Blockchain Technologies 2016 (†789 s.v. "Ledger"): An append-only record store, where records are immutable and may hold more general information than financial records.
- Deloitte Insights 2016 (†801 p.46): An append-only record store, where records are immutable and may hold more general information than financial records.
- ISO TC307 (Japan). 2017 (†857 s.v. "3.6 ledger" ; p.9): a type of chronologically ordered blocks. · Note 1 to entry: each block is singly-linked with forthcoming block by cryptographic method, i.e. hash.
- ISO TC307 N38 (United States). 2017. (†834 s.v. "Ledger"): A ledger is a sequence of cryptographically linked blocks that contain transactions.
- ISO TC307 N67 (United Kingdom). 2017. (†841 p.2): append-only blockchain transaction log managed by peers which stores the ordered transaction batches.
- Condos et al. 2016 (†819 p.7): The responsibility for storage of the transaction ledger is distributed to many individuals, adding redundancy with little risk of corruption or errors. (†2276)