No definition in earlier IP projects. ITrust definition not yet developed.
- Wikipedia (†387 s.v. organization): An entity, such as an institution or an association, that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment.
- Black's 9th 2009 (†382 s.v. organization): A body of persons (such as a union or corporation) formed for a common purpose. (†1159)
- ISACA Glossary (†743 s.v. organization): The manner in which an enterprise is structured; can also mean the entity. (†1790)
- Kurian 2013 (†576 s.v. organization): Structured corporate entity operating under defined rules, protocols, roles, and responsibilities, with a stated goal. It may be for profit or nonprofit. (†1088)
- NIST 2013 (†734 p. B-16): An entity of any size, complexity, or positioning within an organizational structure (e.g., a federal agency or, as appropriate, any of its operational elements). [FIPS 200, Adapted] (†1827)